Love the Peak
Please help to protect it.
The Peak District is stunning. Our oldest national park, it is a place of beauty and tranquility in the centre of the country. But it is also fragile and vulnerable to a wide number of threats. Friends of the Peak District is the only charity dedicated to protecting and caring for it. Please help us to celebrate all that is great about your local national park and surrounding countryside - and help our charity's work protecting and caring for this incredible place.
1. Get out and enjoy the Peak
- Get your friends together to do a walk in a part of the Peak District that they rarely visit. Perhaps you could make an entrance fee as a donation to Friends's of the Peak District's work in caring and protecting these landscapes?
- If you are more of a cyclist or even a climber, perhaps you could try out a new route or revisit a forgotten old favourite. Whatever you do, get out and enjoy this beautiful place while perhaps raising some donations to help us to care and protect it.
3. Love the Peak Quiz Night
- Bring your community together to take part in a quiz about the Peak District. It's a great way to get your neighbours together and see who knows the most about the countryside on your doorstep. We can supply you with questions about the Peak District.
- You could charge £3 to enter and help raise funds for Friends of the Peak District's work in the process. We can help with a prize for the winner.
4. Love the Peak Table Top Sale
- Many of you are used to running fundraising table top sales and we love them! They are a great example of recycling the old-fashioned way. Please help us by running one to raise funds for our charity and help care for the Peak District's countryside.
- Table top sales can be indoors or outdoors. People usually pay a hire fee for a table and then donate a percentage of takings at the end. We can help and provide advice and idea about running and promoting a sale.
5. Find a friend
- We need more people who love the Peak District to help us care for it.Can you help us find more people to join us as Friends of the Peak District?
- Maybe ask some of your friends, or get in touch and help get information about the charity out and about in the Peak District to help promote our work.
If you can help our charity with fundraising or to raise its profile then please get in touch: email Julie or call 0114 279 2655
Visit The Outdoor Guide
Julia Bradbury, our President recommends the Outdoor Guide: "As President of Friends of the Peak District we are thrilled to be partnered with The Outdoor Guide, a new innovative portal inspired by my walks and my "friends". It will tell you about my adventures both past, present and future. Where I went, where I'm going, where I stopped off and what gear I like to take." It showcases our beautiful countryside and its aim is to encourage everyone to enjoy our great outdoors". For more info click here.