Main purpose of job: To provide secretarial and administrative support to the Regional Chair, Vice Chair and the Regional Group
- Working with regional delegates and liaising with the seven CPRE branches in the East Midlands.
- Providing assistance to the Regional Chair and Vice Chair with all general admin and secretarial tasks – including the booking of meeting venues and guest speakers.
- Ensuring that appropriate and efficient admin and communication systems are implemented within the region and with other CPRE regions, CPRE branches and National Office in London.
- Organise and attend Regional team and Quarterly East Midlands Regional Group meetings , contacting attendees, producing agendas, sending out pre-meeting papers, taking and producing Minutes.
- Assist with developing and managing conferences, events, projects and campaigns.
- Assist with the preparation of funding bids.
- Organise the catering and associated refreshments for meetings as appropriate.
- Dealing with all enquiries/ incoming emails/ photocopying/ mailings.
CPRE prides itself on taking a holistic approach and employing highly committed staff. Flexibility in order to work together to achieve organisational priorities is a valued aspect of our culture. From time to time, therefore, the post holder will be expected to assist in whatever reasonable ways may be necessary to achieve wider organisational goals.
- Strong organisational skills, initiative and ability to prioritise their own workload, along with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
- An understanding of and commitment to CPRE’s objectives, an interest in the countryside issues and empathy with the rural environment.
- Good communication and (desirable) presentation skills.
- Fundraising experience or willingness to learn.
- Be prepared to travel around the East Midlands Region and occasionally further afield.
- Be able to work flexible hours.
- Competence with various IT applications including use of email/internet and (desirable) desk top publishing.
This paid post will be based at the post holder’s home, within the East Midlands Region, therefore access to a computer and telephone is essential and access to a car is desirable. A consultancy fee per month and agreed expenses will be paid.
To apply please send your CV along with contact details to Ian Biddulph – Chair CPRE East Midlands Region at IanB@cpre.org.uk or alternatively use the same email address if you require further information.